• Before you can move into your new home, you’ll normally need to show you have the right Swiss insurance. Here’s how to set it up.

You will have to set up a Swiss third-party liability insurance policy. In much of Switzerland, real estate agencies and landlords will insist that you have this insurance coverage before allowing you to move in or even before granting you a rental contract.

The costs vary depending on certain factors:

  • Full coverage – including household insurance and legal insurance – will depend on the value of your belongings and therefore a meeting with your insurance adviser is essential. This is the minimum recommended policy required when moving into a Swiss rental property

  • Alternatively, basic third-party (personal) liability insurance costs between CHF 185 and CHF 230 per year (without household content insurance).

Get in touch with an insurance expert

Insurance is personal! The insurance experts for newcomers are specialised on the needs of international professionals. They speak your language and are located in your destination city.

Get help from an expert